Spare wheel no longer an option?

All Audi Q2 related discussions
Daytel

Spare wheel no longer an option?

Post by Daytel » Thu Apr 01, 2021 3:00 pm

When I purchased my Q2 1.4 TFSI Sport in 2017 I ordered it with a spare wheel.
I reluctantly traded it during 2019 and bought a T Cross rather than risk the then well publicised problems with the 1.5 engine.
Next year I may well go back to a Q2, but the configurator has changed.
Whilst it no longer shows progressive steering as standard, it thankfully does appear separately in the complete list of Standard equipment.
However, the previous option to purchase a spare wheel and Jack for £125 has disappeared, with just the repair kit showing as standard.
I’m hoping this is an oversight and will be rectified.
There are varying views on the benefits of having one, I for one am very reluctant to drive without it..

Geh2020

Re: Spare wheel no longer an option?

Post by Geh2020 » Mon Apr 05, 2021 2:07 pm

Hi,

Deleting the spare wheel and jack as a factory option is ridiculous. As I discovered, buying the wheel, tyre and jack from from Audi as spare parts, if I remember correctly, is around £400, so I bought the wheel, tyre and jack from a recommended company for £145 - see the link below. The tyre is a well known brand and the jack a generic make, but looks fine. I purchased the polystyrene storage tray and securing bolt from Audi so the wheel is secured. I would not recommend buying a second hand wheel and tyre from eBay unless the seller can guarantee it will fit your car. And in the end, the cost from the Wheelshop wasn’t much more than buying a secondhand wheel and jack that may not be the correct one for the car.

https://www.thewheelshop.co.uk/?product ... resent-day
2020 Q2 35 tfsi Black Edition s-tronic, Mythos Black and climate control.

Mods so far using Carista, needle sweep on startup.

Daytel

Post by Daytel » Fri Apr 09, 2021 7:27 pm

Good news - I have had a reply from Audi Customer care who say it is available across all levels of trim for the Q 2, and that they will pass my comments onto their Marketing department.

Geh2020

Post by Geh2020 » Fri Apr 09, 2021 10:38 pm

Hi,

Does that mean the spare wheel will be added to the configurator or that they have passed your comments on and like my request about High Beam Assist disappearing late 2020, went nowhere!
2020 Q2 35 tfsi Black Edition s-tronic, Mythos Black and climate control.

Mods so far using Carista, needle sweep on startup.

Daytel

Post by Daytel » Sat May 08, 2021 8:35 pm

Having first reported it here, and e mailing Audi I’m pleased to see it has now re appeared on the configurator as the only item under ‘Accessories’ for £125.
All being well I will return to the fold next year, as long as everybody is now happy with the 1.5 35 TSFI engine.